Membership Details and Enrollment Period
After your free trial with us, you will be enrolled in Group Lessons either 1 or 2 days per week, and agree to pay tuition on a monthly basis. You may pay an extra monthly amount (add-on) to attend extra classes, or enroll in multiple programs with us.
Our memberships renew month-to-month, until replaced by a new membership agreement, or notice to cancel. All billing will be debited by Greenwich Kempo (Kempo Academy of Greenwich, LLC) via Stripe Billing.
BUYER RIGHT TO CANCELLATION
If you wish to cancel this contract, you may cancel by giving notice to the chief instructor. You may also cancel your membership if you relocate your residence further than twenty-five miles from the facility.
In the event of injury, you shall have the option of (1) being relieved of liability for payment on that portion of the membership term for which you are disabled or (2) Extending the duration of the original contract at no cost to you for a period equal to the duration of the disability.
If you cancel, Greenwich Kempo may keep or collect an amount equal to the fair market value of the services or use of facilities you have already received.
- Participation - It is understood that this Member Agreement is good only for the period of time stated, agreed to, and paid for. NO HOLDS, FREEZES or additional time provisions are allowed with this membership, unless so stated above or unless approved by the chief instructor. Subsequent renewals of membership will be treated as an addendum to this original agreement, and provisions may change. All memberships are non-voting, non-proprietary & run continuously. Failure to attend classes does not qualify the member for any discounts, refunds or time extensions.
- Damage to Facilities – I agree to pay for any damage I may cause to the facilities through careless or negligent use or misuse thereof.
- Hours of Operation – Operation schedules may vary and are subject to change from time to time. The Dojo may be closed on Weekends, Holidays or up to 1 week at a time for staff personal reasons. Classes that are missed during these closures may be made up by scheduling make-up time with the chief instructor. Schedules will be posted on the Website, in the Dojo, and periodically e-mailed to all active members.
- Unavailability of Facility or Services – I agree to accept the fact that a particular facility or service in the premises may be unavailable at any particular time due to mechanical breakdown, fire, Act of God, condemnation, Loss of lease, catastrophe, or any other reason. Further, I agree not to hold Greenwich Kempo responsible for such occurrences.
- Health Statement – I do hereby declare myself to be physically sound and suffering from no condition, impairment, disease, infirmity, or other illness that would prevent my participation or use of equipment or machinery except as herein stated. I do hereby acknowledge that I have been informed of the need for a physician’s approval for my participation in an exercise/fitness activity or in the use of exercise equipment and machinery. I also acknowledge that is has been recommended that I have a yearly or more frequent physical examination and consultation with my physician as to physical activity, exercise, and use of exercise and training equipment so that I might have his/her recommendations concerning these fitness activities and equipment use. I acknowledge that I either had a physical examination and been given my physician’s permission to participate, or that I have decided to participate in activity and use of equipment and machinery without approval of my physician and do herby assume all responsibility for my participation and activities, utilization of equipment and machinery in my activities.
- Physical Limitations, Special Needs, Health Considerations or Conditions - You, the Member, agree to provide written evidence to staff of any medical conditions, limitations or problems which may affect your physical and/or mental well-being while using the facilities. You will provide this evidence prior to the beginning of membership and at other points during the membership, should it become necessary. In absence of such evidence, it is considered by Kempo Academy of Greenwich, LLC that you represent yourself to be in good health, and able to participate in any and all chosen activities which this facility may provide.
- Release of Liability - I, the undersigned release Jonathan Simon, Kempo Academy of Greenwich, LLC, and all persons associated, from any liability due to injuries, etc., that I may incur as a result of my attendance and /or participation in classes. Furthermore, I herby waive any compensation whatsoever for the use of pictures, movies, media coverage etc. utilized by those associated with this studio, at any time.
- Hazards – I understand and am aware that strength, flexibility, and aerobic exercise, including the use of equipment are potentially hazardous activities. I also understand that fitness activities involve a risk of injury and even death and that I am voluntarily participating in these activities and using equipment and machinery with knowledge of the dangers involved. I hereby agree to expressly assume and accept any and all risks of injury or death.
- Amending the Rules – I understand that Greenwich Kempo reserves the right to amend or add to the conditions as it may deem necessary for the proper management of the Business.
- Damages, Collection, and Legal fees – I understand that I responsible for reimbursing Kempo Academy of Greenwich, LLC for any fees required to settle this membership account.
Legally Binding Agreement - I understand that this enrollment is legally binding in its terms and conditions, whether my use of the facility and its services is determined and paid for on a monthly, yearly, or individual visit basis. This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and may be changed or added to only by a written amendment signed by both parties. Buyer acknowledges receipt of a fully completed copy of this agreement, executed by both seller and buyer, and buyer acknowledges terms of this agreement.